Mercedes S-Class W-220
since 1998 release
Repair and operation of the car
+ Mercedes-Benz cars of the class S (W220)
+ Operation manual
+ Routine maintenance
+ Cooling system and heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Automatic transmission
+ Power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
- Onboard electric equipment
Diagnostics of malfunctions of onboard electric equipment - the general information
Check of the electric motor of a screen wiper
Check of the warmed back glass
Replacement of glow lamps
Function of reserve light
Electric safety locks
Installation of electric and electronic devices
Elements of the uniform lock
Arrangement of the basic electric elements of system of electric equipment of a body of the car
Anticreeping alarm system
+ Schemes of electric equipment
Check of the electric motor of a screen wiperThe electric motor of a screen wiper is in a water-collecting compartment under a windshield. For check it is necessary to remove the corresponding cover.
Designation of plugs
On the electric motor there are following plugs:
· The plug 31 is accession of weight (the general for all electric equipment of the car).
· The plug 53 receives tension for the first speed of a screen wiper.
· The plug 53 and feeds with current (+) the extreme provision of a screen wiper. The electric motor receives through a brush tension until the cleaner does not return to a starting position when the driver switches off a screen wiper.
· The plug of 53 b gives tension for the second speed of a screen wiper (an auxiliary winding).
· Via the plug 53 е the electric motor is stopped at return after shutdown that the screen wiper did not pass the parking through the situation.
· Are available not always: the plug 53 with gives food to the windscreen washer pump.
Check of the electric motor of a cleaner
At first it is necessary to find out what has defect, the electric motor or is absent food. At the same time it is necessary to work as follows: