Mercedes S-Class W-220
since 1998 release
Repair and operation of the car
+ Mercedes-Benz cars of the class S (W220)
+ Operation manual
+ Routine maintenance
+ Cooling system and heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Automatic transmission
+ Power shafts
+ Brake system
- Suspension bracket and steering
+ Forward suspension bracket
+ Back suspension bracket
The angles of installation of wheels of the car - the general information
Conditions of check of angles of installation of wheels
Adjustment of forward wheels
Adjustment of back wheels
Check of clearance of a body of the car
Removal and installation of the steering mechanism
Pump of the amplifier of steering
Dismantling and assembly of the pump of the amplifier of steering
Dismantling and assembly of an electronic and adjustable steering column
Removal and installation of the lower steering shaft
Removal and installation of the drive for telescopic adjustment of a steering column
Removal and installation of an emphasis of a pipe
Dismantling and assembly of an internal pipe
Installation of the top arm of fastening of a pipe
Removal and installation of the blocking cylinder
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ Schemes of electric equipment
Conditions of check of angles of installation of wheelsCheck of angles of installation of the car demands existence of a viewing ditch or the special measuring elevator. When carrying out measurement it is necessary to satisfy the following conditions:
- Air pressure in tires corresponds to set.
- Forward wheels are put directly.
- The car is not loaded, the fuel tank is completely filled.
- Suspension brackets of the car were with an osazhena force.
- Steering is adjusted.
- Side plays in connections of steering drafts lie within admissible.
- Side plays in connections of a suspension bracket lie within admissible.
- Depth of the drawing of a protector of tires of one axis is identical.